UGN is an automotive manufacturing company that focuses on high-quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products. It is a recognized leader in customer satisfaction and has a culture of continuous improvement through Toyota Production Systems and other official production processes.
With six manufacturing facilities in the United States and one in Mexico, UGN continually looks for new team members who demonstrate accountability, teamwork, and a focus on improvement.
The Culture of UGN
We do not have employees at UGN—we have Team Members. To fully understand our culture, one must embrace this distinction. Employees are workers, each of whom have a personal level of commitment. Team Members are unequivocally invested and empowered. Every Team Member exhibits our three values of Respect, Trust and Communication. These values are the foundation upon which our relationships are built internally, and with our customers and suppliers.
We also believe that the following characteristics are important to our long-term success:
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Team Members are encouraged to create and build their own professional callings. As they do, they continually enhance their value to the company, but more importantly, they build their personal worth and value.
- Drive to Continually Improve: Team Members strive to master a skill and never cease learning. They look to expand their cross-functional proficiencies and responsibilities, while they continue to acquire knowledge and perform better today than yesterday.
- Customer Focus: Team Members look to exceed customer expectations. They internalize the mission to be the premier supplier—the absolute best in our customers’ eyes.
- Team Members entrust their careers to UGN. To reciprocate this investment, we maintain an environment conducive to personal and professional growth.
- UGN University assists personal and corporate investment by advancing the skill levels of all Team Members. This advancement benefits Team Members, customers, and society at large.
- UGN encourages outside-the-box thinking as well as risk taking. UGN understands a culture that encourages profound thought creates sustained success.
- Team Members quickly make an impression on our culture and our products, which instills a sense of ownership.
Does our culture appeal to you? Are you interested in becoming a UGN Team Member?
Growth — Improvement — Knowledge
An organization’s Team Members are its most important asset. To ensure the continued growth and development of our Team Members, UGN offers learning and development opportunities through UGN University. UGN University provides Team Members with a common shared vision of the organization, its core values, and its culture. UGN University’s mission is to support Team Member development through innovative online learning, classroom, and on-the-job training.
UGN University Highlights:
- An extensive library of competency-based e-learning courses are offered to Team Members in multiple languages and accessible from work, home, or on the go. The e-learning catalog includes courses targeting common Business, Information Technology, and Desktop skills.
- UGN is committed to ensuring the safety of our Team Members, based on our vision to create a working environment that places the highest value on the welfare of the individual. To support this vision, safety courses are delivered monthly in a face-to-face classroom environment. A wide range of safety topics are covered, including Lockout/Tagout, Personal Protection Equipment, and Forklift Safety.
- Plant DOJO’s- demonstrate areas such as safety, quality, 5S, and standard work.
- 2,000 short ‘how-to’ videos are offered to Team Members and focus on technical IT skills and tips and tricks for desktop applications.
- A robust onboarding program is designed and delivered to help Team Members acclimate to their new role, the organization, and become a productive member of the UGN Team.
- On the job training, cross-training, and experience-based learning opportunities are utilized to increase understanding of our processes and ensure high-quality production.
- A performance management process is in place that drives Team Member behavior to align with organizational goals and objectives. To support the performance management process, training opportunities are provided throughout the year to develop skills critical to the success of the process.
- Tuition reimbursement is available to qualifying Team Members to encourage and support Team Member’s participation in external continuing education programs.
Team Member Benefits
Growth — Improvement — Knowledge
There are many reasons to choose a career with UGN, including a great place to work and a comprehensive benefits package that puts you in the driver’s seat when it comes to managing your health, personal, and financial future.
Full-time Team Members are eligible to:
- Choose the medical and dental plan combination that works best for your family.
- Access Blue365 for health and wellness promotions, such as healthy eating, tobacco cessation, fitness, and more.
- Select various coverage options for life, accidental death and dismemberment, and short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Contribute to a company-sponsored 401(k) plan to save for the future, which uses a number of Fidelity investment options.
- Automatically qualify for additional benefits that give you access to counseling and professional support, medical and legal resources, services to protect you after an instance of identity theft, and business travel accident coverage.
There also is a dedicated benefits helpline to assist with any benefit questions or concerns.
The benefit plan offerings include:
- Paid time off
- Two medical plans that include prescription drug coverage
- Two dental plans
- Additional vision discount services
- Surgery Plus (additional benefit for planned surgeries)
- Benefits Value Advisor (advisor through Blue Cross Blue Shield to assist in maximizing your benefits)
- Employee Assistance Program
- A health care flexible spending account
- Dependent care flexible spending account
- Company-paid Assist America (24-hour network of emergency medical and legal resources)
- Company-paid identify theft protection
- Company-paid business travel accident (coverage when traveling on business for UGN)
- Company-paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance for team member, spouse, and children
- Company-paid short- and long-term disability plans
- 401K with a generous company match and quarterly company contributions
- 529 college savings plan.