Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nittoku and Autoneum, UGN is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Farmington Hills, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support. Visit our website at www.ugn.com.
The 180,000 square foot UGN Valparaiso, Indiana facility opened in 1997 and has 330 team members currently. UGN has a strong, corporate wide focus on giving back to the community, and as such the team members at the Valparaiso, Indiana, facility are proud supporters of Housing Opportunities, a HUD-approved and state-certified housing non-profit agency serving Northwest Indiana. The Valparaiso facility has won numerous awards over the years, including the Toyota Certificate of Achievement—Quality Performance, the Subaru Quality Achievement Award, Nissan Zero Defect Award, and the Honda Quality Performance Award.
The Maintenance Manager oversees all repairs, projects, preventive and predictive maintenance while providing direction and guidance to the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Technician, and Tool Cleaner positions. Is also responsible for plant services, utilities, stores building and janitorial equipment and security needs. Provides for the continuing improvement of Maintenance Technicians, equipment and facility. This position is part of the team at our Valparaiso, IN plant.
- Coordinate and plan all facility maintenance, both internal and external labor and services including contractor service and labor for routine preventative maintenance and repairs (chillers, air compressors, HVAC, fire sprinkler systems, etc.).
- Supervise and coordinate maintenance activities of all shift team members and designated off shift maintenance coordinator.
- Supervise and manage storeroom operations and on hand levels (MRO crib/spare parts).
- Responsible for 99% inventory accuracy, control of spare parts check out/usage and ensuring the system is used correctly.
- Direct all plant emergencies including, but not limited to, fires, storm damage, chemical spills and major mechanical failures.
- Responsible for all emergency shutdown readiness and emergency response preparedness (including drills, plans and effectiveness).
- Supervise and manage all machinery improvements.
- Develop and implement predictive maintenance.
- Develop and implement training programs.
- Ensure all Maintenance Technicians are appropriately trained and receive proper skill set attainment to UGN standards.
- Institute safety, fundamentals, documentation and general 5S into all repairs and projects.
- Maintain time and work order records.
- Assist other departments when necessary.
- Perform activities of workers supervised as necessary.
- Directly supervises Team Members in the Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor degree (B. S.) or equivalent from an accredited four-year college or university; and three plus years related experience and/or training as a Maintenance Supervisor; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office applications-Word and Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must have basic electrical and hydraulic knowledge, mechanical aptitude, and ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Must also have good people skills, good time management skills, and the ability to train Team Members.
- Must be trained and certified in confined spaces and hazardous materials. Forklift truck license.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org