Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nittoku and Autoneum, UGN is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Farmington Hills, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support. Visit our website at www.ugn.com.
Since its opening in 2002, the Jackson facility has grown from 52 team members to 440. It is a 220,000 square foot facility with state of the art technology using advanced manufacturing techniques. Throughout the years, the Jackson plant has received many health and safety awards, including the “Perfect Record Award” from the National Safety Council, and the Manpower Safety Partner Award three years running. Team members at the Jackson plant also give back to their community, actively fundraising in support of the American Heart Association, American Stroke Association, and the Carl Perkins Center for Prevention of Child Abuse.
The Maintenance Supervisor oversees all repairs, projects, preventive and predictive maintenance. Is also responsible for plant services, utilities, stores building and janitorial equipment and security needs. Provides for the continuing improvement of equipment and facility. This position will be located at our plant in Jackson, TN.
- Coordinate maintenance of buildings, grounds, machinery and support equipment; plan all scheduled repairs.
- Supervise all Maintenance Shift Team Members including temporary cleaners.
- Supervise and manage storeroom operations.
- Direct all plant emergencies including, but not limited to, fires, storm damage, chemical spills and major mechanical failures.
- Supervise and manage all machinery improvements.
- Develop and implement predictive maintenance.
- Develop and implement training programs.
- Institute Safety and E.I. Programs.
- Insure the timely, high quality and safe completion of maintenance projects and repairs.
- Maintain time and work order records.
- Assist other departments when necessary.
- Perform activities of workers supervised as necessary.
- Directly supervises Team Members in the Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor degree (B. S.) or equivalent from an accredited four-year college or university; and five plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ideal candidate may be assigned to any of the 3-Shifts, and available for daily & weekend overtime.
- Prefer candidates with experience as a Maintenance Supervisor in a manufacturing plant.
- Desire strong electrical and mechanical aptitude as well as troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs is a plus.
- Strong communication skills, leadership and decision making skills required.
To apply, please email your resume to JacksonJobs@ugn.com
To apply for this job email your details to JacksonJobs@ugn.com