Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nittoku and Autoneum, UGN is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Farmington Hills, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support. Visit our website at www.ugn.com.
The Somerset, Kentucky, facility opened in 2005, and is a dynamic and fast-paced plant with more than 350 team members, all intensely focused on improving production systems and overall efficiency. UGN Somerset is a 300,000 square foot manufacturing facility, the first to produce the Ultra-Light™ acoustic carpet system. Throughout the years, the Somerset plant has received many health and safety awards, including the “Perfect Record Award” from the National Safety Council, and the Manpower Safety Partner Award. In 2011, it also was awarded the Honda Green Factory Achievement Award for Recognition of Green Factory Activities in the area of Conservation of Natural Resources.
The Production & Inventory Analyst analyzes, controls and ensures accuracy of inventory balances. Implement, maintain and improve cycle count program, working closely with Production Schedulers/Planners to reduce errors in counts and increase focus on root cause of perpetual inaccuracies. Ensures accountability of inventory through documentation, processes, procedure verification and system review. Reconciles production records with focus on improving production-reporting accuracy. This position is located at our Somerset, KY plant.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts with the Oracle ERP system.
- Maintain all MRP/MPS related parameters.
- Perform audits of inventory and production transactions to ensure accuracy; make inventory adjustments as necessary; maintain and create queries to resolve inventory issues.
- Coordinate, monitor, and participate in physical inventories.
- Implement and maintain cycle count program; analyze and verify cycle count variances.
- Ensure accurate material usage reporting and investigate variances; ensure accuracy of scrap reporting.
- Ensure that appropriate inventory control procedures are implemented and followed by staff.
- Monitor and close shop orders as required.
- Maintain integrity of BOM(s); perform periodic audits and studies to ensure accuracy.
- Review Inventory interface and correct inventory transactions that are being held.
- Assist Materials Manager in developing department manuals, inventory, and production reporting standard practices and procedures and with other department projects.
- Reconcile production reporting feedback.
- Work closely with Schedulers/Planners to ensure proper inventory levels.
- Participate on teams, lead projects and prepare reports as necessary.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and one plus years related experience in manufacturing materials planning or scheduling and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications–Word, Excel, Access and Microsoft Outlook. Experience with Oracle ERP systems.
- Must have knowledge of fundamental inventory concepts; excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills; detail-oriented and ability to multi-task; and strong mathematical and analytical skills.
To apply, please email your resume to SomersetJobs@ugn.com