Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nittoku and Autoneum, UGN is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Farmington Hills, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support. Visit our website at www.ugn.com.
The Materials & Logistics Coordinator will be utilized mostly for the purpose of capacity management, freight/ logistics analysis and improvements, as well as activities dealing with material flow and inventory management throughout the organization. Daily duties of this team member will be primarily focused with data, analysis, reporting, and other activities focusing on and leading towards organizational awareness/ communication and ultimately cost savings. This position reports to the Director of Materials in our Tinley Park, IL corporate headquarters.
- Weekly updates and posting of long term capacity spreadsheet
- Continuous review and update of plant related capacity data requirements (PPH rates, data history, work center assignments, etc…)
- Customer capacity survey and portal processing
- Validate and update organizational and plant materials documentation (Docushare)
- Update and report out materials related KPI’s (Inventory, Delivery, Freight)
- Training in material flow/ UPS methodology and assist in organizational and plant side materials projects (material flow, inventory reduction efforts, layout studies, etc)
- Materials SOP documentation updates (integrating best practice results for UGN materials department standards)
- Gain advanced understanding of Materials related Oracle applications in an effort to assist plant side materials departments as necessary and or for training purposes of new materials team members to align with organizational inventory, planning, and scheduling methodologies.
- Import Export shipment coordination
- Import Export process documentation.
- Overall shipment documentation compliance
- Manage freight RFQ’s for all US and Global inquires
- Manage and update carrier rates
- Invoicing issue and coding follow up (internally and externally)
- Assist in cost analysis efforts for continuous improvements
- Item level Freight frequency and cost analysis and breakdown (for forecasting freight costs in the future)
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Supply Chain and Logistics. Open to recent graduates.
- 6 plus months of experience in supply chain, logistics, materials, shipping or inventory analysis.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products – Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Strong Excel skills including pivot tables, v lookups and macros.
- Strong analytical/data analysis skills preferred.
- Prefer a quick learner as well as a resourceful problem solver.
- Desire to learn and grow within the UGN organization.
- Travel required to various UGN plants. (approximately 30%)
To apply, please email your resume to Lisa Jurack at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org