Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nittoku and Autoneum, UGN is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Farmington Hills, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support. Visit our website at www.ugn.com.
The sixth UGN facility in Monroe, Ohio, officially opened in September 2015. The state-of-the-art facility has more than 240 team members and supplies Honda Motor Co. with superior acoustic insulation, carpet, and underfloor technologies. The $50 million, 232,500 square foot facility includes room to add another 150,000 square feet as UGN expands to supply Toyota and Subaru. Just more than a year old and the UGN, Inc. Monroe facility has already distinguished itself to Honda for exceptional service. Every year, Honda recognizes suppliers who increase value to the customer by removing waste within the overall product and supply chain. The Monroe facility was presented with the award in November, 2016.
Learn more about UGN Monroe through the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryhi5-qzLIM
The Factory Worker performs a variety of assembling, molding, trimming, gluing, inspecting and packaging of products based on assigned area. This position is located at our Monroe, OH plant. We have opportunities on all shifts.
Starting pay is $14.05 plus a shift differential of .30 2nd shift and .40 3rd shift
- Maintain all process documentation in a timely and accurate manner, and perform all pre-start checklists, glue weights, tallies, and other job related audits and system checks.
- Read and follow standardized work and job instructions to manufacture, trim, inspect, and pack product in a safe and efficient manner to quantity and quality specifications of assigned work cell.
- Rotate job assignments within a job cell as well as in other cells as required to secure material, perform the pertinent operations (assemble, mold, spray, trim, glue, weld, inspect, pack etc.).
- Observe operation of machinery in assigned cell duties to provide quality parts in conformance to customer specifications.
- Sign off on work performed for traceability.
- Perform 5S duties as required and maintain housekeeping standards of cell assigned.
- Ability to read elementary operating instructions, production boards, material labels, safety and hazard warnings, manuals, etc. and writing ability to complete process forms and related production reporting paperwork.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills.
- Ability to interpret instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
UGN offers excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits including on the job training, cross training, competitive wages, medical, dental and vision, disability, life, 401k match, profit sharing and a team focused environment with advancement opportunities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions. The person in this position will conduct activities in an environmentally responsible and safe manner. Incumbent is regularly exposed to hot and humid conditions, dust/fumes/smoke/airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to 90+ db with hearing protection that may be required, depending on the operations.
To apply, please email your resume to MonroeJobs@ugn.com
To apply for this job email your details to MonroeJobs@ugn.com