The Maintenance Supervisor oversees all repairs, projects, preventive and predictive maintenance. Is also responsible for plant services, utilities, stores building and janitorial equipment and security needs. Provides for the continuing improvement of equipment and facility. This position will be located at our plant in Jackson, TN.
- Coordinate maintenance of buildings, grounds, machinery and support equipment; plan all scheduled repairs.
- Supervise all Maintenance Shift Team Members including temporary cleaners.
- Supervise and manage storeroom operations.
- Direct all plant emergencies including, but not limited to, fires, storm damage, chemical spills and major mechanical failures.
- Supervise and manage all machinery improvements.
- Develop and implement predictive maintenance.
- Develop and implement training programs.
- Institute Safety and E.I. Programs.
- Insure the timely, high quality and safe completion of maintenance projects and repairs.
- Maintain time and work order records.
- Assist other departments when necessary.
- Perform activities of workers supervised as necessary.
- Directly supervises Team Members in the Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor degree (B. S.) or equivalent from an accredited four-year college or university; and five plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer candidates with experience as a Maintenance Supervisor in a manufacturing plant.
- Desire strong electrical and mechanical aptitude as well as troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs is a plus.
- Strong communication skills, leadership and decision making skills required.