The Maintenance Technician installs, repairs and maintains machinery, mechanical and electrical equipment such as electrical controls, electrical/servo motors, pneumatic, hydraulic, robotic, and Programmable Logic Controller equipment. Entry level or basic mechanical skills are required. This position is based at our Jackson, TN plant. This opening is for the shift from 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm.
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for new machines and equipment such as robots, conveyors, presses, and Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Connect power supply wires to machines and equipment, connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Diagnose and test malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, controls and lighting fixtures and replace damaged or broken wires, cables, and parts.
- Diagnose and repair or replace faulty electrical components, such as printed circuit boards.
- Replace electric motor bearings and rewire motors.
- Program automated machinery such as robots and PLC’s; test for malfunctions and verify repairs.
- Plan layout of wiring, install wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus in buildings.
- Diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment. Communicate tasks completed to team leaders and supervisors before leaving area.
- Basic Mechanical skills/aptitude may be required depending on work location.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; and three plus years or more of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, company training and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- May be required to have/obtain licenses to operate powered industrial trucks, boom lifts, scissor lifts, or other types of equipment used to facilitate equipment repairs and accessibility.
- Prefer candidates who have a strong mechanical and electrical background and who have worked in a manufacturing environment.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The team member is occasionally required to sit. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions. The person in this position will conduct activities in an environmentally responsible and safe manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The team member is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.