Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nittoku and Autoneum, UGN is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Farmington Hills, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support. Visit our website at www.ugn.com.
The Somerset, Kentucky, facility opened in 2005, and is a dynamic and fast-paced plant with more than 350 team members, all intensely focused on improving production systems and overall efficiency. UGN Somerset is a 300,000 square foot manufacturing facility, the first to produce the Ultra-Light™ acoustic carpet system. Throughout the years, the Somerset plant has received many health and safety awards, including the “Perfect Record Award” from the National Safety Council, and the Manpower Safety Partner Award. In 2011, it also was awarded the Honda Green Factory Achievement Award for Recognition of Green Factory Activities in the area of Conservation of Natural Resources.
The Maintenance Technician installs, repairs and maintains machinery, mechanical and electrical equipment such as electrical controls, electrical/servo motors, pneumatic, hydraulic, robotic, and Programmable Logic Controller equipment. Entry level or basic mechanical skills are required. This position is based at our Somerset, KY plant.
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for new machines and equipment such as robots, conveyors, presses, and Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Connect power supply wires to machines and equipment, connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Diagnose and test malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, controls and lighting fixtures and replace damaged or broken wires, cables, and parts.
- Diagnose and repair or replace faulty electrical components, such as printed circuit boards.
- Replace electric motor bearings and rewire motors.
- Program automated machinery such as robots and PLC’s; test for malfunctions and verify repairs.
- Plan layout of wiring, install wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus in buildings.
- Diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment. Communicate tasks completed to team leaders and supervisors before leaving area.
- Basic Mechanical skills/aptitude may be required depending on work location.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; and six months or more of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, company training and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- May be required to have/obtain licenses to operate powered industrial trucks, boom lifts, scissor lifts, or other types of equipment used to facilitate equipment repairs and accessibility.
- Prefer candidates who have a mechanical and electrical background and who have worked in a manufacturing environment.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The team member is occasionally required to sit. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To apply, please email your resume to SomersetJobs@ugn.com