Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nittoku and Autoneum, UGN is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Farmington Hills, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support. Visit our website at www.ugn.com.
The sixth UGN facility in Monroe, Ohio, officially opened in September 2015. The state-of-the-art facility has more than 240 team members and supplies Honda Motor Co. with superior acoustic insulation, carpet, and underfloor technologies. The $50 million, 232,500 square foot facility includes room to add another 150,000 square feet as UGN expands to supply Toyota and Subaru. Just more than a year old and the UGN, Inc. Monroe facility has already distinguished itself to Honda for exceptional service. Every year, Honda recognizes suppliers who increase value to the customer by removing waste within the overall product and supply chain. The Monroe facility was presented with the award in November, 2016.
Learn more about UGN Monroe through the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryhi5-qzLIM
The Manufacturing Manager directs and coordinates production activities in the Manufacturing and Materials Departments, manufacturing products in an industrial organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers and shift coordinators. This position is located at our new Monroe, Ohio facility.
- Coordinate production, materials, and maintenance, in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by the Operations Manager.
- Coordinate plant projects with Maintenance and Process Engineering.
- Coordinate with Sales Department any customer visits, complaints, or emergencies.
- Strong interface with corporate with reporting responsibilities at monthly operational meetings.
- Be involved in and find solutions for personnel, operational, and mechanical problems.
- Coordinate production activities with all plant departments to obtain optimum production and utilization of Human Resources, machines, and equipment.
- Coordinate and follow up with necessary departments regarding any customer or supplier emergencies.
- Review and analyze production, quality, or maintenance reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications.
- Review production and operating reports to resolve operational, manufacturing, maintenance, and materials problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Investigate internal and external quality issues and prepare proposed corrective action reports.
- Review and report customer quality ratings and propose needed corrective action.
- Manage quality planning in accordance with processes and tooling.
- Administer safety rules and regulations as required.
- Assist in developing ISO 14001 and TS16949 based procedures and instructions.
- Assumes responsibilities for plant operations in the absence of Operations Manager.
- Manages subordinate Production Managers who supervise Production Shift Coordinators in the Manufacturing Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training of Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor degree from a four-year accredited college or university; and four plus years related experience as a Production Manager or Operations Manager; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications– Word, Excel; Microsoft Outlook and Oracle ERP.
- Ability to multi-task and communicate effectively cross functionally.
- Looking for a leader who can coach/mentor a team.
- Motivated, driven individual with passion for the manufacturing industry.
- Prefer automotive industry experience.
To apply, please email your resume to Lisa Jurack at MonroeJobs@ugn.com