Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nittoku and Autoneum, UGN is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Farmington Hills, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support. Visit our website at www.ugn.com.
The sixth UGN facility in Monroe, Ohio, officially opened in September 2015. The state-of-the-art facility has more than 240 team members and supplies Honda Motor Co. with superior acoustic insulation, carpet, and underfloor technologies. The $50 million, 232,500 square foot facility includes room to add another 150,000 square feet as UGN expands to supply Toyota and Subaru. Just more than a year old and the UGN, Inc. Monroe facility has already distinguished itself to Honda for exceptional service. Every year, Honda recognizes suppliers who increase value to the customer by removing waste within the overall product and supply chain. The Monroe facility was presented with the award in November, 2016.
Learn more about UGN Monroe through the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryhi5-qzLIM
The Materials Manager manages the timely materials flow through the facility, including directing purchasing, receiving, shipping, warehousing, scheduling and inventory control functions. This position is located at our Monroe, OH plant.
- Direct the maintenance of a perpetual inventory of raw materials, components and finished goods stored in the UGN facility.
- Direct scheduling of machines and work stations to maximize the productivity of personnel and machines.
- Periodically/weekly compare future production requirements against available capacity and recommend action to be taken, if required.
- Ensure that all goods and services are purchased in accordance with company purchasing procedures and policies.
- Monitor and control the fiscal expense budget of the Materials Department.
- Assume a leadership role in the “TPS” and “TPM” programs.
- Design and support all programs related to goals of cash management and inventory reduction.
- Prepare monthly reports and QOS data.
- Ensure FIFO is performed on all finished goods, raw materials and purchased components.
- Maintain warehouse equipment (i.e., forklifts, racks, docks, and dock doors).
- Act as primary liaison between UGN and customers.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy in all aspects of shipping and EDI.
- Manage supervisors who supervise team members in scheduling, planning, procurement, shipping, receiving and data entry personnel in the Materials Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S. or B. A.) from an accredited four-year college or university; and five plus years related experience and/or training, including supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications–Word, Excel, Access, Microsoft Outlook, Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software and personal computer skills, especially electron ordering system.
- Experience with EDI, MRP, MDS and ERP systems (Oracle).
- Strong leadership skills with excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to build relationships with the UGN corporate headquarters as well as with Materials Managers at other UGN facilities.
- Manufacturing industry experience required. Automotive industry experience a plus.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles (5S, six sigma, Kaizen, continuous improvement, TPM, TPS)
To apply, please email your resume to MonroeJobs@ugn.com
To apply for this job email your details to MonroeJobs@ugn.com