The Plant Manager coordinates and directs all plant production and supports operations to ensure timely delivery of quality products at optimum costs to meet corporate as well as customer goals and requirements. This position will lead our team at our Somerset, KY plant.
- Ensure coordination and cooperation among all departments to meet goals and objectives in accordance with company policies.
- Analyze profit and loss statement variances and plan and implement corrective action when required.
- Provide inputs for establishment as well as direction to insure compliance for the annual budget.
- Approve all purchases of equipment, spare parts, materials, and machines.
- Provide work direction and development of all Department Managers.
- Provide leadership and direction for the plant’s activities to obtain World Class Manufacturing status.
- Recommend, develop, administer, and support company policies and procedures and ensure compliance with all corporate, safety, and regulatory compliance standards.
- Provide leadership for problem solving in the resolution of product, quality, operational, mechanical, and personnel problems including the analysis to prevent recurrence.
- Maintain an effective communication program to keep plant personnel informed and enhance the plant’s union-free status.
- Review and approve all personnel reviews, salary changes, and new hires as well as all personnel and organizational moves.
- Coordinate production, distribution, warehousing, and sales in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by UGN.
- Confer with customers and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in area.
- Develop plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees.
- Review production costs and product quality, and modify production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
- Review operations of competing organizations and plan and direct sales program to develop new markets.
- Direct preparation of accounting records.
- Recommend budgets to management.
- Directly supervise department managers in the Plant Facility who supervise Team Members in their respective departments.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this business unit.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited four-year college or university; and ten plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous Plant Management experience within the automotive industry preferred.
- Japanese customer experience preferred.
- Extensive project management experience and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and leadership skills required.
- Lean manufacturing experience and knowledge of Toyota Production Systems preferred.
To apply, please email your resume to Lisa Jurack at firstname.lastname@example.org