Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nittoku and Autoneum, UGN is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Farmington Hills, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support. Visit our website at www.ugn.com.
The Plant Manager coordinates and directs all plant production and support operations to ensure timely delivery of quality products at optimum costs to meet corporate as well as customer goals and requirements. This position leads our team at our Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico facility.
- Ensure coordination and cooperation among all departments to meet goals and objectives in accordance with company policies.
- Analyze profit and loss statement variances and plan and implement corrective action when required.
- Provide inputs for establishment as well as direction to insure compliance for the annual budget.
- Approve all purchases of equipment, spare parts, materials, and machines.
- Provide work direction and development of all Department Managers.
- Provide leadership and direction for the plant’s activities to obtain World Class Manufacturing status.
- Recommend, develop, administer, and support company policies and procedures and ensure compliance with all corporate, safety, and regulatory compliance standards.
- Provide leadership for problem solving in the resolution of product, quality, operational, mechanical, and personnel problems including the analysis to prevent recurrence.
- Maintain an effective communication program to keep plant personnel informed and enhance the plant’s union-free status.
- Review and approve all personnel reviews, salary changes, and new hires as well as all personnel and organizational moves.
- Coordinate production, distribution, warehousing, and sales in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by Industrial Organization Manager.
- Confer with customers and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in area.
- Develop plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees.
- Review production costs and product quality, and modify production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
- Review operations of competing organizations and plan and direct sales program to develop new markets.
- Direct preparation of accounting records.
- Recommend budgets to management.
- Directly supervise department managers in the Plant Facility who supervise Team Members in their respective departments.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of this business unit.
- Bachelor degree required; Masters or MBA is a plus.
- Five plus years related plant management experience.
- Previous Plant Management experience within the automotive industry preferred.
- Japanese Tier 1 automotive customer experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational and leadership abilities.
To apply, please email your resume to Lisa Jurack at email@example.com