The Process Engineer is responsible for evaluating existing processes and configuring manufacturing systems to improve efficiency of operations, reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the production process. This position is located at our plant in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico.
- Study functional statements, organization charts and project information to determine functions and responsibilities of team members and work units to identify areas of duplication.
- Establish work measurement programs and analyze work samples to develop standards for labor utilization.
- Analyze work force utilization, facility layout and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of team members and equipment.
- Recommend methods for improving team member efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating workstations and equipment and purchase of equipment.
- Implement and Coordinate Engineering changes in the plant.
- Evaluate and improve on processes in manufacturing systems.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Develop innovative solutions.
- Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Prepare samples for study.
- Perform testing.
- Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of production process.
- Work with equipment designers and manufacturing officers to develop a cost-effective and working production process.
- Ensure projects are completed on time.
Qualifications (knowledge, skill, and/or ability required):
- PLC Allen Bradley Programming (SLC 500 / Mod. 5000)
- Robots FANUC Programming. (Software Jetware preferred)
- Problem Solving Methodology
- Lean Manufacturing
- Standardized Work
- Control Plan
- Core label
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering: Industrial, Mechatronics, Robotics or similar
- 4 plus years of related experience in the field
- 3 plus years of experience in Automotive Industry
- Strong communication skills with English fluency (speak, write and read)
- Computer Skills: AutoCAD or design software, Office (word, excel, power point, outlook, project), Oracle, Desirable: CATIA, IGES
- Competencies: Teamwork, Proactive, Initiative, Service Orientation, Analysis and Decision Making
- Availability to relocate to Silao or transport to Silao area daily
To apply, please email your resume to Lisa Jurack at firstname.lastname@example.org