The Process Engineer plans utilization of facilities, equipment, materials and personnel to improve efficiency of operations. This position will be located at our Tinley Park, IL location.
- Study functional statements, organization charts and project information to determine functions and responsibilities of team members and work units to identify areas of duplication.
- Establish work measurement programs and analyze work samples to develop standards for labor utilization.
- Analyze work force utilization, facility layout and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of team members and equipment.
- Recommend methods for improving team member efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating workstations and equipment and purchase of equipment.
- Confer with management and engineering to implement plans and recommendations.
- Best practice identification on infrastructure( Chillers, air, HVAC etc..)
- Investigate incentive programs at the local, State and federal levels
- Contingency plan for all facilities and infrastructure in case of catastrophic failure
- Core Technologies
- UGN’s Vertical processes (Fleece and Resin)
- Bench marking activities that can be incorporated into UGN best practices from other industries
- Material Handling
- Scrap Vacuum systems ( more robust, less maintenance )
- Raw materials storage (free up floor space at UGN facilities and reduce brick and mortar capital
- Cost Savings
- Scrim to resin pad
- ESM off all recycle and reclaim
- Bachelor degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university. We are open to a recent graduate and prefer a degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or Industrial Engineering Technology.
- One or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Any Internship of Co-op experience is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications.
- Proficiency with both written and oral communication of technical information
- Interest in being hands on and spending most of your time on the plant floor
- Interest in gaining broad based experience which can translate into future growth opportunities in multiple areas within UGN
- Experience in problem solving and managing multiple projects
- Ability to lead/participate in cross functional groups
- Flexibility and willingness to travel from 50% – 75%
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org