Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nittoku and Autoneum, UGN is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Farmington Hills, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support. Visit our website at www.ugn.com.
The 180,000 square foot UGN Valparaiso, Indiana facility opened in 1997 and has 330 team members currently. UGN has a strong, corporate wide focus on giving back to the community, and as such the team members at the Valparaiso, Indiana, facility are proud supporters of Housing Opportunities, a HUD-approved and state-certified housing non-profit agency serving Northwest Indiana. The Valparaiso facility has won numerous awards over the years, including the Toyota Certificate of Achievement—Quality Performance, the Subaru Quality Achievement Award, Nissan Zero Defect Award, and the Honda Quality Performance Award.
The Process Engineer plans utilization of facilities, equipment, materials and personnel to improve efficiency of operations while maintaining Company established safety standards. This position is located at our plant in Valparaiso, IN. Fresh grads are welcome to apply.
- Support manufacturing operations when needed.
- Study functional statements, organization charts and project information to determine functions and responsibilities of team members and work units to identify areas of duplication.
- Establish work measurement programs and analyze work samples to develop standards for labor utilization.
- Develop standardized work instructions as required.
- Analyze work force utilization, facility layout and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of team members and equipment.
- Recommend methods for improving team member efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating workstations and equipment and purchase of equipment.
- Confer with management and engineering to implement plans and recommendations.
- May directly supervise Process Specialists, if any, in the Process Engineering Department.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor degree in an Engineering discipline preferably mechanical engineering or mechanical engineering technology.
- One plus years related experience within process engineering or will consider a recent graduate with some internship or co-op experience.
- Knowledge or experience with lean manufacturing principles such as Kaizen, 5S, six sigma and TPS (Toyota Production Systems)
- Should be a self-starter with a sense of urgency.
- Must have mechanical aptitude; an innovator who thinks outside the box.
- Proficiency with both written and oral communication of technical information
- Interest in being hands on and spending most of your time on the plant floor including occasional weekends and holidays as projects are implemented.
- Interest in gaining broad based experience which can translate into future growth opportunities in multiple areas within UGN
- Experience in problem solving and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to lead/participate in cross functional groups.
- Ability to design machinery components on/for existing equipment.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic systems and components.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications.
To apply, please email your resume to Lisa Jurack at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com