The Process Engineer plans utilization of facilities, equipment, materials and personnel to improve efficiency of operations while maintaining Company established safety standards. This position is located at our plant in Jackson, TN.
- Support manufacturing operations when needed.
- Study functional statements, organization charts and project information to determine functions and responsibilities of team members and work units to identify areas of duplication.
- Establish work measurement programs and analyze work samples to develop standards for labor utilization.
- Develop standardized work instructions as required.
- Analyze work force utilization, facility layout and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of team members and equipment.
- Recommend methods for improving team member efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating workstations and equipment and purchase of equipment.
- Confer with management and engineering to implement plans and recommendations.
- May directly supervise Process Specialists, if any, in the Process Engineering Department.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor degree in an Engineering discipline preferably mechanical engineering.
- One plus years related experience within process engineering.
- Knowledge and experience with lean manufacturing principles such as Kaizen, 5S, six sigma and TPS (Toyota Production Systems)
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Should be a self-starter with a sense of urgency.
- Should be detail oriented with plant floor layout experience.
- Must have mechanical aptitude; an innovator who thinks outside the box.
- Should have the ability to lead brainstorming activities, problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Ability to design machinery components on/for existing equipment.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic systems and components.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database software; design software; development software; Internet software; manufacturing software; project management software; spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office, Autocad, Minitab, Oracle ERP system).
- This is a hands-on position that will require work on occasional weekends and holidays as projects are implemented.
To apply, please email your resume to Lisa Jurack at firstname.lastname@example.org