Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nittoku and Autoneum, UGN is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Farmington Hills, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support. Visit our website at www.ugn.com.
The Somerset, Kentucky, facility opened in 2005, and is a dynamic and fast-paced plant with more than 350 team members, all intensely focused on improving production systems and overall efficiency. UGN Somerset is a 300,000 square foot manufacturing facility, the first to produce the Ultra-Light™ acoustic carpet system. Throughout the years, the Somerset plant has received many health and safety awards, including the “Perfect Record Award” from the National Safety Council, and the Manpower Safety Partner Award. In 2011, it also was awarded the Honda Green Factory Achievement Award for Recognition of Green Factory Activities in the area of Conservation of Natural Resources.
The Production Operator performs a variety of assembling, molding, trimming, gluing, inspecting and packaging of products based on assigned area. This position is located at our Somerset, KY plant.
- Maintain all process documentation in a timely and accurate manner, and perform all pre-start checklists, glue weights, tallies, and other job related audits and system checks.
- Read and follow standardized work and job instructions to manufacture, trim, inspect, and pack product in a safe and efficient manner to quantity and quality specifications of assigned work cell.
- Rotate job assignments within a job cell as well as in other cells as required to secure material, perform the pertinent operations (assemble, mold, spray, trim, glue, weld, inspect, pack etc.).
- Observe operation of machinery in assigned cell duties to provide quality parts in conformance to customer specifications.
- Sign off on work performed for traceability.
- Perform 5S duties as required and maintain housekeeping standards of cell assigned.
- Communicate effectively with other team members in the cell as well as attend all team meetings, problem solving sessions, training, shift meetings, etc.
- Report immediately any job related injuries to cell coordinator.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED); and minimum six months manufacturing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read elementary operating instructions, production boards, material labels, safety and hazard warnings, manuals, etc. and writing ability to complete process forms and related production reporting paperwork.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic.
- Ability to interpret instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands require standing, walking, twisting, reaching, bending, and handling of parts with fingers and hands. Occasionally the job requires pulling, pushing, sitting, stooping, kneeling, and crouching. Incumbents must regularly lift, carry, and/or transport up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift, carry, and/or transport up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions. The person in this position will conduct activities in an environmentally responsible and safe manner. Incumbent is regularly exposed to hot and humid conditions, dust/fumes/smoke/airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to 90+ db with hearing protection that may be required, depending on the operations.
To apply, please email your resume to SomersetJobs@ugn.com