Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nittoku and Autoneum, UGN is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Farmington Hills, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support. Visit our website at www.ugn.com.
The sixth UGN facility in Monroe, Ohio, officially opened in September 2015. The state-of-the-art facility has more than 240 team members and supplies Honda Motor Co. with superior acoustic insulation, carpet, and underfloor technologies. The $50 million, 232,500 square foot facility includes room to add another 150,000 square feet as UGN expands to supply Toyota and Subaru. Just more than a year old and the UGN, Inc. Monroe facility has already distinguished itself to Honda for exceptional service. Every year, Honda recognizes suppliers who increase value to the customer by removing waste within the overall product and supply chain. The Monroe facility was presented with the award in November, 2016.
Learn more about UGN Monroe through the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryhi5-qzLIM
The Production Supervisor supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in manufacturing environment; plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. Ensures the customer’s requirements are met safely and on time. This position is located at our new plant in Monroe, Ohio and is for the 2nd shift from 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm.
- Confer with management to establish production and quality control standards.
- Operate within the budget and cost controls to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery of products ordered.
- Plan and coordinate production activities with all plant departments.
- Establish production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Review and analyze all reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, operating or production problems.
- Develop and implement operating methods and procedures through appropriate channels designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Revise production schedules and priorities as a result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Work with Process Engineering on equipment modifications in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Perform as key member of BAMA, TPS, and TPM activities.
- Oversee Maintenance, Quality and Materials on the off-shifts as needed.
- Compile, store, and retrieve production data.
- Participate in production when personnel shortages or production challenges occur.
- Overnight travel to customer location may be required to support product related quality issues.
- Directly supervises team members per shift in the department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Team Members. Monitors daily activities of Maintenance, Quality and Shipping personnel on the shift. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training of team members; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; coaching Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; and two plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience as a Production Supervisor preferred in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Oracle ERP.
- Valid drivers license required.
To apply, please email your resume to MonroeJobs@ugn.com