The Production Supervisor supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in manufacturing environment; plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. Ensures the customer’s requirements are met safely and on time. This position is located at our plant in Monroe, Ohio.
This position is located at our new greenfield in Monroe, Ohio. Monroe is the sixth UGN facility, which was officially unveiled with a ribbon cutting ceremony in September 2015. The state-of-the-art facility, under construction since March of 2014, brings more than 240 new skilled jobs to the area to supply Honda Motor Co. with superior acoustic insulation, carpet, and underfloor technologies. The $50 million, 232,500 square foot (21,600 square meter) facility includes room to add another 150,000 square feet as UGN expands to supply Toyota and Subaru. The Monroe plant will meet an increased need for new carpet and underfloor technologies which are being made in the United States for the first time ever and will be found in Japanese-produced automobiles beginning in 2015.
Learn more about UGN and our new Monroe plant through the below link:
• Confer with management to establish production and quality control standards.
• Operate within the budget and cost controls to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery of products ordered.
• Plan and coordinate production activities with all plant departments.
• Establish production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
• Review and analyze all reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, operating or production problems.
• Develop and implement operating methods and procedures through appropriate channels designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
• Revise production schedules and priorities as a result of equipment failure or operating problems.
• Work with Process Engineering on equipment modifications in order to improve production and quality of products.
• Perform as key member of BAMA, TPS, and TPM activities.
• Oversee Maintenance, Quality and Materials on the off-shifts as needed.
• Compile, store, and retrieve production data.
• Participate in production when personnel shortages or production challenges occur.
• Overnight travel to customer location may be required to support product related quality issues.
• Directly supervises team members per shift in the department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Team Members. Monitors daily activities of Maintenance, Quality and Shipping personnel on the shift. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training of team members; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; coaching Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• One year certificate from college or technical school; and two plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous experience as a Production Supervisor in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Oracle ERP.
• Valid drivers license required.
To apply, please email your resume to MonroeJobs@ugn.com