The Quality Manager plans, coordinates, and directs quality and continuous improvement program designed to ensure quality control, quality assurance and continuous improvement of the production of products consistent with established UGN standards to ensure product acceptance meets customer requirements. This position is part of our team in our Monroe, Ohio facility.
This position is located at our new greenfield in Monroe, Ohio. Monroe is the sixth UGN facility, which was officially unveiled with a ribbon cutting ceremony in September 2015. The state-of-the-art facility, under construction since March of 2014, brings more than 240 new skilled jobs to the area to supply Honda Motor Co. with superior acoustic insulation, carpet, and underfloor technologies. The $50 million, 232,500 square foot (21,600 square meter) facility includes room to add another 150,000 square feet as UGN expands to supply Toyota and Subaru. The Monroe plant will meet an increased need for new carpet and underfloor technologies which are being made in the United States for the first time ever and will be found in Japanese-produced automobiles beginning in 2015.
Learn more about UGN and our new Monroe plant through the below link:
- Plan and oversee the quality control functions, inspections, material review, corrective action, and associated reporting of information to assure the quality of product or component.
- Investigate internal and external quality issues, propose corrective actions and reports findings.
- Review and report customer quality ratings and propose corrective action with the responsible areas.
- Maintain customer contacts to resolve quality issues at customer locations.
- Investigate RGA requests, propose action and report to management.
- Administer quality assurance functions of advanced planning and engineering.
- Recommend and implement with the Quality Coordinator through the customer approval process, any design modification to ease potential manufacturing liabilities at UGN or at the customer.
- Follow-up with proposed course of action where tolerance deviations must be negotiated.
- Maintain record of Customer Specification Revisions in compliance with vendor and UGN quality requirements.
- Assist in supplier quality development where applicable.
- Assist in developing TS16949 based procedures and instructions.
- Prepare and present technical and program information to the management team. Participate in quality management teams within UGN.
- Direct workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities and products. Design and implement quality training programs for key personnel.
- Maintain a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
- Directly supervises all Team Members in the Quality Department. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited four-year college or university; and five plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications–Word, Excel, Access, and Microsoft Outlook; internet software. Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to form positive relationships with all customers is important.
- Experience as a Quality Manager leading the quality team
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills a must. Knowledge of customer’s standards and specifications important.
- Maintain working knowledge of TS/ISO requirements; familiarity with Japanese auto industry preferred.
To apply, please email your resume to Lisa Jurack at MonroeJobs@ugn.com