Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nihon Tokushu Toryo Co. Ltd., (Nittoku) and Autoneum Holding AG, UGN, Inc., is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Farmington Hills, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support. Visit our website at www.ugn.com.
The sixth UGN facility in Monroe, Ohio, officially opened in September 2015. The state-of-the-art facility has more than 240 team members and supplies Honda Motor Co. with superior acoustic insulation, carpet, and underfloor technologies. The $50 million, 232,500 square foot (21,600 square meter) facility includes room to add another 150,000 square feet as UGN expands to supply Toyota and Subaru. Just more than a year old and the UGN, Inc. Monroe facility has already distinguished itself to Honda for exceptional service. Every year, Honda recognizes suppliers who increase value to the customer by removing waste within the overall product and supply chain. The Monroe facility was presented with the award in November, 2016.
Learn more about UGN Monroe through the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryhi5-qzLIM
The Quality Technician performs all necessary quality functions within the department and production floor, such as lab testing, receiving materials, disposition of nonconforming materials and product capability studies, taking data, training of team members on customer standards and other miscellaneous testing and evaluations as necessary by the Quality Manager and carried out per TS 16949 and ISO 14001. This position is located at our new plant in Monroe, Ohio and is for the “C” shift.
- Assist as necessary in team training to aid effective job performance.
- Be involved in operational/mechanical problems and their solutions.
- Be involved in changes to current processes to establish the most effective methods to balance quality and productivity.
- Perform miscellaneous capability studies as outlined by the Quality Manager and/or the Quality Coordinator.
- Perform all testing required to evaluate the quality of raw materials per customer inspection standard requirements.
- Perform any special laboratory evaluations to determine performance and specification of materials.
- Responsible for submitting the required parts to R & D for customer required testing.
- Maintain working knowledge of customer requirements.
- Monitor on-line quality checks for effectiveness; coordinate training as necessary to reinforce team member skills, including warehouse audits.
- Inspect and evaluate parts returned from the customer and disposition of these parts to production for sorting.
- Should be able to carry out gage calibrations; obtain outside certification of gage blocks and weights.
- Assist in evaluating manufacturing’s ability to make quality decisions.
- Travel to customer locations for process related issues.
- Receive and inspect all raw materials from sub-suppliers, mark accepted or rejected.
- Notify Quality Manager when out of specification conditions exist.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED); and three plus months related quality experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Quality experience in the automotive industry including TS 16949 experience highly desired.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications–Word, Excel, Access, and Microsoft Outlook and Oracle ERP.
- Valid driver’s license.
To apply, please email your resume to MonroeJobs@ugn.com