Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nittoku and Autoneum, UGN is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Farmington Hills, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support. Visit our website at www.ugn.com.
The Senior Accountant applies principles of accounting to complete financial analyses and reconciliations, prepare and post journal entries, analyze financial information, and prepare financial filings and reports. This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in Tinley Park, IL.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare journal entries, reconciliations and analyses documenting business transactions. Post journal entries and support the month end close process.
- Complete month end reconciliations, analyses and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) reporting.
- Review and reconcile payroll and cash transactions.
- Prepare filings and reports as needed (Sales and Use Tax, Unclaimed Property, IRS Form 1099, Sales, Cash, Concur, Freight, among others). Perform responsibilities as necessary to meet filing and reporting requirements.
- Administer the Concur travel and expense reporting system. Maintain and update team member, policy and vendor information and controls. Process expense reports for payment and post the journal entries.
- Work closely with IT to maintain and improve processes.
- Perform system supplier addition and maintenance responsibilities.
- Review sales prices and transactions.
- Compile and provide audit support as requested by external auditors.
- Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and internal controls.
- Document processes and procedures on an ongoing basis to allow for cross training and to display the necessary understanding.
- Perform special projects and other duties as required.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor degree (B. S.) in Accounting from an accredited four-year college or university and two plus years related experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications–Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with Oracle ERP systems a plus.
- Strong understanding of GAAP.
- Solid understanding and comfort with account reconciliations and month end close processes.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good organizational skills and eye for detail.
- Motivated and team orientated.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain complex accounting functions to other team members.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.,
To apply, please email your resume to Lisa Jurack at firstname.lastname@example.org