Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nittoku and Autoneum, UGN is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Farmington Hills, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support. Visit our website at www.ugn.com.
The 180,000 square foot UGN Valparaiso, Indiana facility opened in 1997 and has 330 team members currently. UGN has a strong, corporate wide focus on giving back to the community, and as such the team members at the Valparaiso, Indiana, facility are proud supporters of Housing Opportunities, a HUD-approved and state-certified housing non-profit agency serving Northwest Indiana. The Valparaiso facility has won numerous awards over the years, including the Toyota Certificate of Achievement—Quality Performance, the Subaru Quality Achievement Award, Nissan Zero Defect Award, and the Honda Quality Performance Award.
The Junior Testing & Validation Technician supports and performs all testing required by customer material specifications and other R&D staff. This position will be based out of our Valparaiso, IN plant.
- Interpret customer material specification requirements.
- Test UGN’s production, intended production and development materials in accordance to customer specifications.
- Create material samples and full parts to be used for specification testing.
- Support pre-production and development part trials.
- Ability to maintain accurate records, and update method sheets as required.
- Ability to prioritize, accurately perform repetitive tasks, multitask, work in parallel, and work to strict deadlines.
- High School Diploma or Associate’s degree
- Three plus years related experience and/or training in quality assurance/product quality inspection; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer direct working experience at a tier one automotive supplier.
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions.
- Use logic and analysis to identify the strengths and weaknesses of different approaches.
- Proficient in file management, database applications, and Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, and Outlook.
To apply, please email your resume to Lisa Jurack at firstname.lastname@example.org