Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nittoku and Autoneum, UGN is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Farmington Hills, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support. Visit our website at www.ugn.com.
The 180,000 square foot UGN Valparaiso, Indiana facility opened in 1997 and has 330 team members currently. UGN has a strong, corporate wide focus on giving back to the community, and as such the team members at the Valparaiso, Indiana, facility are proud supporters of Housing Opportunities, a HUD-approved and state-certified housing non-profit agency serving Northwest Indiana. The Valparaiso facility has won numerous awards over the years, including the Toyota Certificate of Achievement—Quality Performance, the Subaru Quality Achievement Award, Nissan Zero Defect Award, and the Honda Quality Performance Award.
The Tool Maker/ Repairer fabricates, modifies and repairs compression mold and trim die tooling at the UGN facility in Valparaiso, IN.
- Set up and operate machine tools such as lathes, drill presses, milling machines, grinders, press brakes and shears to manufacture parts.
- Anneal and temper metal parts; braze, solder and weld metal parts.
- Fit and install precision components in molds and dies; verify dimensions of parts and installation of components.
- Read blueprints of product, die or mold and compute part specifications.
- Plan sequence of machine operations.
- Measure, mark, and scribe metal, wood and plastic stock materials to layout for machining.
- Assemble die or mold as required.
- Perform all duties in a safe and timely manner.
- Maintain a clean work area in accordance with 5-S principles.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and six months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to problem solve and communicate effectively.
- Some technical ability with databases and reporting spreadsheets.
To apply, please email your resume to ValparaisoJobs@ugn.com
To apply for this job email your details to ValparaisoJobs@ugn.com