The Purchasing Manager directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in purchasing and distributing materials, equipment, and supplies for multiple plant facilities. This position is located at our Valparaiso, IN plant.
- Plan, organize, direct, and control activities related to the procurement function. Responsible for the procurement and managing supply chain for Maintenance, Repair and Operational (MRO) expense, as well as, services rendered for the facility. This includes oversight of all activities related to procurement of a material or service from intent to purchase through delivery of good and/or service.
- Prepare instructions regarding plant purchasing systems and procedures. Design, implement, manage, and monitor procurement reporting systems to meet company requirements.
- Achieve cost savings and reduce total cost for facility MRO goods and services.
- Continually apply basic process improvement and problem solving techniques to streamline MRO purchasing process to achieve process efficiency at the lowest possible cost.
- Recruit and maintain suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Develop systematic methods to evaluate vendor quotations that utilize appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques ensuring quality, price, delivery, and service.
- Negotiate or supervise the negotiation of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors. Negotiate costs for current and future indirect material commodities such as transportation, energy, service contracts, forklifts, safety products, security, office equipment, office supplies and waste disposal requirements for single or multiple company locations as assigned.
- Prepare and review contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications.
- Analyze market cost trends and delivery conditions for assigned MRO commodities to determine present and future status and prepare market analysis reports when requested.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders and change notices.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Work with other facility buyers and corporate purchasing to ensure consistent and most beneficial procurement methods are utilized.
- Organize, supervise, and direct the work facility storeroom and central supply team members engaged in receiving, issuing, and delivering supplies and equipment.
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials when necessary.
- Supervise the Plant MRO Buyer.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor degree (B. A. or B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university; and
- Four plus years related experience in a manufacturing environment and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficiency with Microsoft Office applications–Word, Excel, Access; Microsoft Outlook; Oracle ERP, Internet software and knowledge of Inventory software; Manufacturing software; and Order processing systems.
To apply, please email your resume to Lisa Jurack at firstname.lastname@example.org