The Team Leader coordinates with other work cells and departments to meet production requirements of the company and needs of the customers, with accountability for results in terms of cost, methods, quality, quantity of production, operations and personnel. This position is located at plant in Valparaiso, Indiana.
- Learn and assist in developing team members in all TPS (Toyota Production System) principles.
- Walk through the department with the previous team leader to address concerns with the set up of the cells, housekeeping, and any manufacturing concerns that may have occurred during the previous shift.
- Review all schedule needs daily.
- Audit the cells to determine if raw materials, equipment, or a change over is required to ensure efficient startups.
- Conduct meetings with team members at the beginning of each shift to communicate problems and concerns.
- Insure all paperwork required by the team members is available.
- Address team member concerns.
- Monitor manning needs and work with the Shift Coordinator to schedule coverage and training.
- Ensure 5-S activities are being performed and address if needed.
- Reassign team members when needed when downtime occurs.
- Monitor scrap, waste, quality and production.
- Hold bi-weekly team meetings to develop improvement plans. Follow up accordingly.
- Assist in the training of all team members. Ensure training documents are complete and update all skill training matrix forms.
- Develop standard work procedures with the cell team members and ensure adherence to the standards.
- Help with the development of Kaizen Teams.
- Ensure Job and Standard Work instructions are correct and in place.
- Conduct monthly audits with Shift Coordinator of cell job instructions, 5-S procedures, standard work instructions, and product alerts. Revise as needed.
- Train team members and manage rotation of team members.
- Ensure all daily paperwork is accurate, complete and ready to process.
- Represent UGN at customer locations when quality concerns are presented.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Directly supervises work of Production Operators in the Production Department. Participate in new team member interviews, orientation and training.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED); and three plus months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience as a Team Leader in a production environment required – preferably in automotive manufacturing.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Manufacturing software and basic proficiency with Microsoft Office applications–Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook and Oracle ERP.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com