The Payroll Coordinator coordinates and compiles payroll data to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll for multiple UGN locations. Ensures that all payroll polices are administered in accordance with IRS and Department of Labor guidelines. This position is located in our Tinley Park, IL office.
- Enter all new hire, termination, pay rate, and employee demographic changes into ADP via plant and corporate HR departments.
- Accumulate, transmit and process weekly and biweekly payroll batches in accordance with UGN’s pay policies as approved by Payroll Manager.
- Process special/non-recurring payroll transactions (including severance, compensation gross-ups and tuition reimbursements).
- Receive and input 401K new enrollments and changes from retirement service company.
- Reconcile E-Time records for payroll processing.
- Ensure that all pay practices are in compliance with IRS and state/local taxing authority regulations.
- Work closely with Human Resources for timely payroll input.
- Batch and transfer checks as necessary each pay cycle.
- Prepare any approved manual checks with accurate deductions and tax withholdings; use Shared Drive to report manual checks to Accounting.
- Set up garnishment, child support, and levy deductions per appropriate federal and state laws.
- Complete wage verifications and workers compensation hours and earnings reports.
- Maintain files for all team members as backup references.
- Prepare, verify and timely transmit all 401(k) information for weekly employee withholding, loan repayments; file supporting documents.
- Assist in timely processing of year-end W-2 forms for all team members.
- Perform special projects and information reports as requested by immediate supervisor. Handle backup functions in Manager’s absence.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Associate’s degree in accounting/finance from an accredited college; and/or five years of relevant payroll experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, governmental regulations and compensation policies.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both spoken and written word, including voicemail, email, business letters, internal memos.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as gross pay, tax deductions, garnishments, 401(k) match contributions and other basic algebra and geometry applications. Must have a thorough understanding of the gross-to-net payroll calculation, including pre/post tax benefit deductions, gross-ups, and compliance with Federal, State and Local taxing authorities.
- Understanding of payroll in a manufacturing environment is also essential.
- Must possess expert-level knowledge of ADP payroll applications.
- Must also possess intermediate-level skills in all Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel).
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must maintain composure and professionalism when trouble-shooting, dealing with change, and responding to employee inquiries.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications–Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Timesaver software, and automated Payroll Systems, ADP preferred.
- Experience with ADP Reportsmith and ADP PCPW preferred.
To apply, please email your resume to Lisa Jurack at email@example.com