UGN, a world class manufacturer of acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America, is seeking a Maintenance Technician II to join our team in Somerset, Kentucky.
The Maintenance Technician II meets requirements of a Maintenance Technician I. Maintains production and facilities equipment by performing preventive, predictive, project and reactive maintenance services on all UGN machines and equipment as required by individual plant configurations.
Some variations may occur due to individual plant configurations. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide maintenance function Preventive, Predictive, Project & Reactive
- Communicate required supply of essential spare parts
- Maintain production and facilities equipment manuals library relating to facility
- Maintain up to date equipment history
- Maintain training level to perform adequate maintenance performance
Mechanical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize Proteus computerized maintenance management system for work scheduling, obtaining location and reorder of replacement spare parts and recording work performed for equipment history.
- Observe mechanical devices in operation and use your senses and devices to identify the need for repair maintenance. Collaborate with maintenance staff as needed for correct diagnosis and repair of machines.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment.
- Listen for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunctions and
- Detect malfunctions and discuss machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair.
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to remove adjust or replace consumable components, or install new or repaired parts in defective machine and/or equipment.
- Test, diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, pipe system, hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment as required by plant location.
- Set up and operate testing devices, welders, drill press, grinders, oxy fuel and propane torches, saws and other tools to make and repair parts of machines and equipment.
- Clean and maintain HVAC and air compressor coils.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery. Upon discovery of damaged components replacement may be necessary.
- Clean, lubricate & adjust equipment per scheduled maintenance protocols.
- Inspect, clean, lubricate, and repair truck loading dock plates to maintain in operational order.
- Replace electric motor bearings and rewire motors.
- Repair and maintain production facility.
Facilities Electrical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect and repair electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of facilities equipment including re-securing contact terminations.
- Inspect and test equipment such as transformers, motors, controls, lighting fixtures, wiring and component parts.
- Inspect and repair or replace faulty electrical components such as printed circuit boards.
Facilities Professional Responsibilities:
- Communicate task completed to team leaders and supervisors before leaving the area.
- Communicate faulty conditions found during equipment evaluations to Maintenance Coordinator and Technicians for follow up repair or replacement beyond your experience level.
- Associate degree from a college or technical school; and twelve months related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, procedure and equipment manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Knowledge of Office applications such as Word, Excel. And Internet software.
- May be required to have/obtain licenses to operate powered industrial trucks, boom lifts, scissor lifts, or other types of equipment used to facilitate equipment repairs and accessibility.
To apply, please email your resume to Lisa Jurack at email@example.com